Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 12th: I have seen so many miracles as I have served the Lord

Well it was really fun seeing all of you yesterday for mothers day. its getting really weird, and starting to get harder to focus on the work. but I'm hoping to work really hard this last week. its weird though having to start thinking about packing and weighing my bags soon and silly stuff like that. today is a really beautiful day though, we woke up early and drove to a track so i could run it was really nice, i timed myself and i ran a mile in 7 min. but i got a side ache half way through so i think i can do it a lot faster. it was fun though. the family we called from are awesome they arent even in our ward, my companion actually grew up with them, and they are in the ward next to us. i think the mom wants me to marry one of the daughters. they said i should come back to Canada and stay with them haha. 
Well I'm not really sure what to say other then I love you. and that I know the gospel has been restored. I have seen so many miracles as I have served the Lord. but still the most amazing thing is the still small confirmations we can receive from and through the Holy Ghost. it has been such a blessing to be able to learn how to better follow promptings and see the beautiful fruits of living the gospel. I know  that the fundamental principles of the church are the true way to joy even eternal joy. I have gained for myself a sure testimony of the 9 core doctrines of the church. but most importantly I have come to know my Savior, I have seen his hand guide those I teach and I have seen his atonement change lives, mine included. I am so grateful for the Prophet Joseph Smith. as I have gained a testimony of the event that took place in the grove of trees I can better understand what took place in the garden of Gethsemane. Anywho I thought I would share some things I have come to know since I don't think I have done it any other time through e mail.
sure love ya    Elder Knaphus
To Dad:
thanks papa smurf. ill have a good last week. it was really good seeing you all. I'm getting excited about starting life soon and trying to get married and what not. it should be an adventure. I'll have to chat with you when i get home about what i should do in life. do you know what time I'm getting released? ha during weekly planning i was looking at my planner and trying to figure out what I'm going to do when i get home. that was the only thing i didn't know about. well i hope things are going well with the temple. stay good ill see you in a few
               

No comments:

Post a Comment